There are some great locations for one day Fishing Escapes that are easily accessible from Darwin.
Even if you only have a day or two to spare, you can still experience the thrill of Barramundi fishing. Within an hour and a half drive from Darwin City, there are many scenic fishing locations, and all offer great opportunities for catching the iconic Barramundi.
On our Darwin Fishing Escapes you will also get to see Australian and migratory bird life and possibly saltwater crocodiles.
Duration : 1 day (Extended escapes available to Dundee beach & BYNOE Harbour upon request)
Locations will vary depending on tides and the conditions at the time. Some of our favourite locations include Darwin Harbour, Dundee Beach, Shady Camp, West Arm, Bynoe Harbour, Shoal Bay and the Adelaide River.
- Pick up and return to your accommodation in the Darwin area.
- Travel to and from the fishing location is in an air-conditioned, modern 4WD Toyota Prado Station Wagon, which is a licenced Tourist Vehicle. The fishing guide holds a current H endorsement on their driver’s licence.
- Morning tea, lunch and chilled water supplied. A 95L fridge is provided on the boat.
- Experienced guide, Owner Operator.
- Quality tackle Samurai Run Off Series Rods with Quantum Smoke Series 3 Performance Tuned Bait Casters, Diawa B&G 4000 spinning Reels, are supplied on a replace if lost or damaged basis (Fly fishing tackle is not included)
- If client wishes to bring alcohol, there is some space in the fridge to accommodate.
- All fish surplus to needs are released.
- By arrangement from May to November
Pricing from :
Day Escapes – $375 per person.
Half Day Escapes – $200 per person
Extended Harbour Escapes – 2-6 days – Price on Application
What you need to bring
- Wide brimmed hat
- Cool light clothing, Long sleeves and pants are recommended
- Sunglasses – preferably polarised
- Camera/Video Camera
Darwin Fishing Escapes are from late May to early December – dependent on the wet season.