Shady Camp / Mary River / Daly River / Dundee Beach
The Northern Territory Run off is the prime time of year to plan your escape. This time of year, the runoff from the wet season makes its way to the coast. Barra of all sizes school in the big river systems, either moving downstream from the billabongs, or coming in from spawning to replenish. They come for one reason; to feed. They feed on the myriad of baitfish being swept downstream with the last of the floodwaters.
We focus our efforts on a location known as ‘Shady Camp’, part of the Mary River famous for trophy Barra. The time to target truly large fish.
The Runoff is what we look forward to every year, as not many experiences in fishing compare to seeing a very large Barra jump out of the water. Plenty of Crocodiles and birds also make the most of the abundance of bait in the river systems. It is a joy to take in the remote fishing Escape. You never know you just may land a metery.
We target Barra through trolling and casting at this time of year, we use heavier leader and upgraded hooks. You just never know when a metery will strike, and there is no need to be gentle at this time of year.
We also encounter some trophy size Threadfin Salmon while Barramundi fishing.
Duration:2-8 days (late February to may)
- Pick up and return to your accommodation in the Darwin area.
- Travel to and from the fishing location is in an air-conditioned, modern 4WD Toyota Prado Station Wagon, which is a licenced Tourist Vehicle. The fishing guide holds a current H endorsement on their driver’s licence.
- Morning tea, lunch and chilled water supplied. A 95L fridge is provided on the boat.
- All accommodation, meals and refreshments provided for duration of trip (excluding alcohol).
- Qualified and Experienced guide, Owner Operator.
- Quality tackle Samurai Run Off Series Rods with Quantum Smoke Series 3 Performance Tuned Bait Casters, Diawa B&G 4000 spinning Reels, are supplied on a replace if lost or damaged basis (Fly fishing tackle is not included)
- If client wishes to bring alcohol, there is some space in the fridge to accommodate.
- All fish surplus to needs are released.
Pricing from :
Day Escapes – $400 per person.
Extended Escapes – 2-6 days:
- 4 person – $675.00 per person per day
- 3 person – $825.00 per person per day
- 2 person – $925.00 per person per day
What you need
- Personal Toiletries
- Any Medication
- Wide brimmed hat
- Cool light clothing, Long sleeves and pants are recommended
- Polarized sunglasses
- Camera/Video Camera